Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited (“We”) of Morley Way, Peterborough, PE2 9JB are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), We are the data controller of the personal information you provide to us.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our services posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers in the United Kingdom or the European Economic Area. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. We will not transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with marketing information and offers;
- To complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- To provide you with products or services that you request from us;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To notify you about changes to our services;
If you are an existing customer, we will contact you by post or electronic means with information about goods and services similar to those which were subject of a previous sale to you.
If you have consented to us doing so, we may also use your data and/or pass your data to selected third parties to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your data for marketing purposes, please do not tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for the sole purpose of fulfilling the order.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.